Despite our best efforts to stay positive and happy, it is absolutely normal to have an “off” day every now and then. It’s just a part of life. Waking up on the wrong side of the bed doesn’t mean you have to let the whole day go to waste. Here are ten cures for the average bad day that i personally use that will help put you in a better mood and allow your day to end on a positive note.
- Try a new recipe you found online – there are tons of amazing ones on Tasty – or just cook your favorite meal!
- Take a few hours to fully pamper yourself – a hot shower, a face mask, these little things go a long way
- Go out for a walk, or do some pilates at home (or yoga, if you prefer, i personally am too impatient for yoga)
- Do something nice for someone in your life – perhaps someone who doesn’t get a lot of recognition
- Call your best friend to get things off your chest
- Take a break from social media, and instead give a new hobby a try
- Spend some time praying, meditating, or reading an uplifting book on personal development
- Do something “just for fun” like going to the movie theater, going shopping, binge watching a tv show or a channel on YouTube or spending the evening playing video games
- Go visit that coffee shop or bookstore you’ve always wanted to check out
- Call your mom – mom’s always make your problems disappear, it’s like they have some magical gift of some sort
What works best to cure your bad days?